History of the Department
- 1882 Tokyo Senmon Gakko (College) founded by Shigenobu Okuma with departments of Political Science, Law, English, and Physical Science.
- 1909 School of Science and Engineering established.
- 1917 Department of Applied Chemistry established.
- 1951 Graduate Schools (master’s programs) established as part of a new academic program.
- 1953 Graduate Schools (doctoral programs) established as part of a new academic program.
- 1967 Campus relocated to Okubo Campus (current Nishiwaseda Campus).
- 2007 Department of Applied Chemistry assigned to School of Advanced Science and Engineering newly created in reorganization.
- April 1 Entrance Ceremony
- April to July Spring semester
- July to September Summer break
- September to January Fall semester
- December to January Winter break (2 weeks)
- February to March Spring break
- March 26 Graduation Ceremony
Maps and Directions
The Department of Applied Chemistry, Waseda University
Okubo 3-4-1, Shinjuku, Tokyo 169-8555 JAPAN